These links are to pamplets and PDF files that LGBT people and their families will find useful with information to help them with issues that come up. Also there is information that straight allies can use to advocate for equality for LGBT folks.There are also links to some videos that would be helpful to view.
- AMERICANPSYCHOLOGICALASSOCIATIONSexualOrientation and Homosexuality Q&A
APA’s Q&A about LGBT issues can be useful to understand how to counter quack pyschology and talk to family members.
- Be Yourself — a PFLAG National publication for Youth
A supportive approach to common questions asked by teens who may be questioning their sexual orientation.
- BULLYING AND HARASSMENT PREVENTION AND EDUCATION SCHOOL RESOURCE GUIDE
Excellent ideas and resources for reducing bullying in your school or your child’s school.
- Caitlin Ryan Supportive Families Healthy Children
This amazing pamplet tells parents what they should do to express their love to their children, even as they are afraid of their chidren’s choices, to insure that they stay healthy and prosper — what every parent wants.
- Coming Out to Your Parents — A PDF version of a PFLAG Nartional pamplet that is out of print.
This document gives good advice to any youth who is thinking about coming out to their parents and familly.
- Faith in Our Families – A PFLAG National pubilcation.
Discovering that a loved one is gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered can pose new questions about your faith and may prompt you to re-evaluate beliefs that you previously took for granted.
- Guide to Being a Straight Ally
This is a guide for straight allies, by straight allies. It aims to invite, educate, and engage straight allies in the effort to create a world with equality for all.
- Nuestras Hijas y Nuestros Hijos
This publication is a valuable resource for Spanish-speaking families coming to terms with homosexuality and bisexuality. The booklet answers commonly asked questions, and includes information about additional Spanish languaguage resources.
- Our Children (Formerly Our Sons and Daughters)
- Our Daughters And Sons — A PFLAG National Publication
A “must read” for parents who are forming new and honest relationships with a loved one who has come out to them. This booklet answers several commonly-asked questions about having a gay child. It also includes a list of related resources.
- Se Tu Mismo — A PFLAG National Publication for Spanish Speaking Families and Youth.
This is the Spanish translation of PFLAG’s publication, Be Yourself. The book is a great resource for Spanish-speaking youth and families.
- Talking About LGBT Equality with Latinos and Hispanics
A good dual English-Spanish language pamplet with talking points for difficult conversation.
- Welcoming Our Trans FAmilies and Friends — A Publication of PFLAG National TNET.
Provides education on some issues unique to the transgender community, and focuses on issue advocacy to ensure equal rights for the transgender community at local and national levels.
- What Does Gay Mean? (¿Qué significa ser Gay?)
Two pamplets from Mental Health America that provide tips on how to talk with kids about sexual orientation and prejudice with age appropriate language and concepts.